Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE OR PURCHASING PRODUCTS FROM US AND PRINT AND KEEP A COPY OF THEM FOR YOUR REFERENCE.
- In these Terms, references to “we” or “us” or “HPWCo” are to Holland Park Wine Company (trading as Handford Wines), a company incorporated in England and Wales (registered number 2369345) whose registered office is at 105 Old Brompton Road, London SW7 3LE. Our registered VAT number is GB 532422577.
Terms of Sale – Contract Creation
- The placing of an order with us does not constitute a contract. Order acceptance and the contract between you and us will only be formed on the dispatch to you of the product(s) ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions set out in the “Cancellations, Replacements and Refunds” section below. For the avoidance of doubt, a contract is not formed at the point in time that payment has been taken from you by HPWCo nor at the point when you receive an email from us acknowledging receipt of your order.
Wine Event Tickets
- In the event of cancellation by the Customer, full refunds will only be given if we are notified at least 28 days before the date of the event. Refunds may given after this time if the event is full and we are able to re-sell your tickets. To comply with UK licencing law, all attendees of ticketed events must be 18 years or older and attendees may be asked to produce satisfactory photographic identification with proof of age. HPWCo reserve the right to refuse entrance without refund should we not be able to verify the age of an attendee.
- All wines and spirits or other goods ordered remain the property of HPWCo until payment is received in full. Title to the goods shall not pass to the Customer until we receive payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for those goods and any other goods that we have supplied to you in respect of which payment has become due.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be incorrectly priced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. – We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time. Where an end date is specified on any offer on the website, it is intended as a guide only and we reserve the right to terminate any special offer at any time, without notice.
- It is against the law for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy intoxicating liquor or for any person over the age of 18 to buy or attempt to buy intoxicating liquor for any person under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you and the recipient of the wine are at least 18 years old. If our couriers are in doubt of the age of the recipient of an order they will request some form of ID. In the event that this is not satisfied they are not permitted to leave the wine.
- Gift Vouchers can be exchanged at Handford Wines store only as full or part payment of products. Gift Vouchers cannot be used on the handford.net website.
- The Handford Gift Voucher is valid for a period of 24 months from purchase. The Gift Voucher will automatically expire at the end of that period and the balance on the card will be forfeited. The Gift Voucher is non-refundable and non-transferable and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash.
- HPWCo will cancel the value of the Handford Gift Voucher if we fail to receive payment from the purchaser’s bank or card company for the initial purchase of the Gift Voucher. HPWCo reserves the right to refuse to accept a Gift Voucher in payment or part payment of any item where it reasonably suspects that the Gift Voucher or any amount on it may have been stolen, tampered with, duplicated or obtained in another illegal way. HPWCo shall not be liable in the event of any Gift Vouchers being lost, damaged or stolen.
Sale or Return
- On occasion, and at our sole discretion, we may offer goods on a sale or return basis on up to 25% of the wines but not on other goods such as water or soft drinks. Returned goods must be in saleable condition otherwise no credit will be given.
- Prices for en-primeur sales are quoted in bond (duty unpaid and exclusive of VAT) at London City Bond, Tilbury (LCB). Payment is due at the time of order. Customers accept that the actual value of en-primeur wine could change between purchase and delivery.
- Due to the unique nature of en-primeur sales we regret that orders cannot be cancelled unless delivery takes place within 30 days of the order. HPWCo will neither reserve en-primeur wines, nor refund en-primeur orders.
- Stocks of certain wines may need to be allocated subject to demand. In such case, HPWCo reserve the right to allocate the stocks amongst interested customers in such proportions as it deems fit. Some customers may not therefore be allocated any or only some of the quantities they have ordered.
- Wines are stored, either bonded or duty paid, in temperature controlled conditions at LCB, Tilbury. Wines are insured to replacement value. Storage is charged retrospectively – please ask for current storage rates.
- All wines sold in the UK are subject to Duty and VAT. A bonded warehouse acts as a ‘duty free island’ and so duty and VAT must only be paid on release of goods. A delivery charge may apply.
- Duty and VAT are not applied to orders transferred to another UK bonded warehouse in bond. A delivery charge may apply, and this will depend on the location of the other warehouse.
- Duty and VAT may not be paid in advance of the wines arriving into our bonded warehouse.
- Our deliveries are made by third party carriers. If our couriers are unable to deliver because no-one is at the delivery address, they will leave contact details so that the delivery can be re-arranged or the wine collected at the local depot. Should a delivery be refused by a customer, or the customer is unavailable for receipt of the goods and the goods are returned to us, an additional charge will be made for redelivery. You can request that a wine be left in a safe place, such as a garage or at a neighbour’s house, though this is ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. In the event that you request that your wine is left somewhere we will be unable to provide a refund if the wine goes missing.
- Any claims for short delivery or breakage or any other defect or deficiency must be notified to us or any third-party courier immediately, otherwise you will be deemed to have accepted the goods as delivered and in fulfilment of your order.
- Where free delivery is offered, this is restricted to the UK Mainland, excluding NI and Scottish Highlands.
- Please note, should you require your wine to be shipped outside of the UK, you are responsible for the payment of any local taxes or duties. HPWCo will not be liable if your wine is seized or confiscated nor for any invoices raised for local taxes or duties.
Cancellations, Replacements and Refunds
- In line with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your online or telephone order within 14 days, starting from the day after the Goods are delivered to you (or by someone known to you who has signed for your goods from our carrier).
- Due to the unique nature of en-primeur sales we regret that orders cannot be cancelled unless delivery takes place within 30 days of the order.
- Wine Event Tickets cancellations will only be accepted if we are notified at least 28 days before the date of the event.
- Orders for goods to be delivered may be cancelled within 14 working days of receipt of goods. A full refund will be offered provided the goods remain in saleable condition and that the request to cancel is received in writing. If returned Goods are not deemed by us to be in the same conditions as they were delivered to you, we will return the Goods to you and a re-delivery fee will be due and payable by you to us.
- In order to claim a refund, Customers must send a cancellation notice, stating their Order Number or Invoice Number, to us, in any of the following ways:
a) by hand delivery to our shop at 105 Old Brompton Road, London, SW7 3LE. In this case, the notice will be deemed to have been given on the day on which it was left; or
b) by post to our registered office at 105 Old Brompton Road, London, SW7 3LE. In this case, the notice will be deemed to have been given on the day on which it was posted; or
c) by email to our Customer service team at “firstname.lastname@example.org”. In this case, the notice will be deemed to have been given on the day on which it was received.
- You may use our model Goods Cancellation Form, but it is not obligatory.
- You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us at our shop at 105 Old Brompton Road, London, SW7 3LE without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. We advise Customers to take out adequate insurance of the Goods for the return journey.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days from the day you return any goods supplied, or provide evidence that you have returned them to us. All refunds given will be made by the same payment method you originally used to make payment.
These Terms and Conditions cancel all previous Terms and Conditions.
E&OE April 2019